|Time out from battle |
To get a real sense of what is going on in Libya, check out this slide show at The New York Times.
The most haunting aspect is that these fighters are trying to throw off the kind of oppression and disregard that many governors, such as Scott Walker of Wisconsin, are subjecting their working people to. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that pursuant to the passage of Walker's budget bill, more than 30 school principals in the Milwaukee system have opted to take their retirement. The question is what the workers who do not have that option will do.
News, notes, and observations from the James River Valley in northern South Dakota with special attention to reviewing the performance of the media--old and new. E-Mail to MinneKota@gmail.com
Monday, April 18, 2011
- ► 2016 (42)
- ► 2015 (47)
- ► 2014 (38)
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (139)
- Will you please stop moving the rocks and letting ...
- What is fueling the stock markets is damping down ...
- Keeping America safe from elephants
- 10,000 weed lovers gather on campus green at 4:20 ...
- Great Britain has a royal wedding; the U.S. crown...
- Libya: a glimpse of America's future?
- Liberals as "sanctimonious morons" **
- The French Revolution comes to America
- Denial is a river in South Carolina
- Herseth Sandlin accepts teaching job at SDSU
- What a little journalism can do
- The Great Republican Deficit Putsch
- Pirates in Somalia, Republicans in D.C.
- An Eqyptian saves the American Union
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2010 (106)
- ► 2009 (166)
- ► 2008 (96)
- ► 2007 (141)