South Dakota Top Blogs

News, notes, and observations from the James River Valley in northern South Dakota with special attention to reviewing the performance of the media--old and new. E-Mail to MinneKota@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Truth in photography

As those who read my cranky posts know, I think the Internet has done as much to destroy language as to develop its communicative traits.  But it has also revived still photography by providing a medium in which one can explore the world through images, like I did as a child perusing the pages of Life magazine.  On the regional level, I love it when Bob Newland posts photographs on his blog Decorum Forum.  

Here is a gallery for photography lovers.  Last week Eve Arnold, a consummate photographer, died at the age of 99.  Here is a gallery of her portrait of America from The New Yorker.  

Wisconsin Farmer

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States

NVBBETA