That's what Legislative District 3 resembles. It has so many twists and kinks that everybody who has tried to draw a map of it has ended up in the Redfield Developmental Center, aka the Funny Farm.
It makes me wonder why blog editors prohibit the use of the f-word and still let us write "gerrymander." Gerrymander contains all the possible obscenity of the f-word with none of the copulative virtues.Just look at District 3, but briefly, because it can kink your mind. It represents all those descriptive needs covered by the f-word in U.S Army Manual of Descriptive Nomenclature. It is a graphic demonstration of f-up, f-around, f-over, and f-ing the dog up a tree.
It is so kinked and crooked because it is generated by the intellectual DNA of the bull snake. The idea of the District 3 configuration is to squeeze all the Democrats out. This process is called making the district safe for Republicans. But the G.I. nomenclature applies.
Thils is a prime example of why Rep. Bill Thompson of Sioux Falls is submitting a bill which would require a bi-partisan commission established by the legislature to come up with the redistricting plans. The billl has inspired some mean comments from PP at South Dakota War College. He suggests that Bill Thompson has not read the state Constitution and states that the Legislature is required to do reapportionment. Bill Thompson had a career of teaching U.S government and he has probably not only read the Constitution, he has understood it. In the Thompson bill, the Legislature has full oversight in the composition of the redistricting commission and authoritiy to review the plans and make recommendations. It also has the authority to delegate its tasks. All the Thompson bill does is remove the process from the coils of any partisan bull snake.
PP says Thompson is joisting at windmills. Actually he is probing a snake den with a legislative stick. That predatory DNA is causing some writhing in District 3, but what can you expect from bull snakes and slinkies?
News, notes, and observations from the James River Valley in northern South Dakota with special attention to reviewing the performance of the media--old and new. E-Mail to MinneKota@gmail.com
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
- ► 2016 (42)
- ► 2015 (47)
- ► 2014 (38)
- ► 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (139)
- ► 2011 (141)
- ► 2010 (106)
- ► 2009 (166)
- It was rocket science and Cold War politics
- A lot of Aberdeen people are getting TIFed off
- The Bush War and Economy
- If you can't handle facts, avoid these websites
- Kill these bills before they kill you
- You can't fix stupid, or do much about mean and pe...
- Truth gets slaughtered in Republican "debate"
- We'll be out of oil in seven years?
- The news about Gaza from Havana
- Required for class: text books, notebooks, and an...
- Swiftboating Obama
- Ain't no franchise on racism
- Brown County legislators promoting biohazards
- Like a bull snake making love to a slinky
- "Tis the season for sending race cards
- Madville Times reviews "Dasche v. Thune"
- It's the voters, not the polls or pundits
- Be a patriot: kill another soldier
- Suspicious death of professor gets a new hearing
- Impeachment sucks, but what doesn't these days?
- Iowa caucuses while the culture wars rage
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2007 (141)