South Dakota Top Blogs

News, notes, and observations from the James River Valley in northern South Dakota with special attention to reviewing the performance of the media--old and new. E-Mail to MinneKota@gmail.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tom Daschle's endorsement of Barack Obama

ONCE IN A GENERATION: Here is the complete text of Tom Daschle's endorsement letter for Barack Obama.

February 22, 2007

Dear Friends,

I know that the Presidential election is far away. I know that it's early to be picking a candidate. But I also know that someone like Barack Obama only comes around once in a generation.

Everyone running in this race is a friend. I have the utmost respect for all of them and believe that each would make an excellent president. But only Barack Obama has been able to tap into that mixture of frustration with the 'same old politics' and the common hope for the future that lies in us all.

In my 26 years in Congress, I watched as our political system degraded year after year. We became more polarized, more partisan, and less responsive while the American people became more disillusioned and skeptical.

I believe Barack can change that.

He hasn't been in Washington that long, but he's been there long enough to know that Washington needs to change. And he's been working towards that change from day one in the United States Senate as the party point person on passing the most sweeping ethics reform since Watergate.

Everywhere he goes from California to New Hampshire, from cities to the countryside he brings together thousands of people with different backgrounds and diverse ideas. He's been able to focus on the common values that unite us instead of the politics that divide us.

Barack Obama will bring fresh thinking and a new kind of politics to Washington that focuses on finding consensus so we can actually tackle the challenges our country faces.

I will be there at Barack's side doing whatever I can to help. I hope you will join me in this new brand of politics.

Join Me and Support Barack Obama for President

Sincerely,
Tom Daschle

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States

NVBBETA